Pages

PAPA TURNS THE BIG ... EIGHT - O

Monday, November 5, 2012


HAPPY 80th BIRTHDAY!!!!

 



We tried our very best to talk him into letting us throw him a BIG BIRTHDAY BASH... But he would have no part of that! All he wanted for his birthday was a family supper.  After dinner, we allowed him to make his speech and as always he was full of surprises!  This is kind of how his speech went......

"Well, I really didn't want you to spend your money on a party because.... I have other plans with it"
(complete silence with a few "awe hells" sprinkled throughout)

"I want our family to feed all the shut-ins in Indianola for Thanksgiving... its only about 400 people"


That about sums up this loving man's spirit and heart... that's all he wants for his birthday - is for our family to feed others.  I immediately started to cry because I thought this was the sweetest most thoughtful thing I have ever heard.

My grandmother, on a lighter note, replied "Walter, why don't we just say 'pick up a plate lunch at sunflower food store and charge it to us?' "  (gotta love her)

So it appears that our family will be cooking and boxing up dinners for the shut ins from all the local churches.  It is going to be a lot of work (with little notice), a lot of stress, but probably the most rewarding Thanksgiving I will ever have.  The three week count down is on!


Allen, Julia, Josh, Sarah Allyn, Tyler, and Walt





Ann, Morgan, Buster, William, McNeill
Loving this Orange ICING!

 
Poppy and Rose




Elizabeth and Samuel - and his big fat lip and 8 stitches to the chin from some hard core Colonel Football :)



The Gangs all here!


The only way I know how to describe how I feel about this man is from the words of Randy Travis...


"If the story's told, only heaven knows.
But his hat seems to me like an old halo.
And although his wings, they are never seen.
I think that he walks on water."

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS