Pages

ROSE'S CHRISTENING

Monday, November 12, 2012

ROSE CAMERON HARDIN

DEDICATED TO THE LORD:  NOVEMBER 11, 2012

(and I didn't even cry... can you believe it ????)




I have to admit - Rose did FANTASTIC!  Between kicking her feet and laughing and smiling - she was a STAR! Definitely won the hearts of the crowd, audience, congregation/church family! She didn't really even ruin her dress with drool! I have to say, Sunday was a HUGE SUCCESS!

All week long Mark kept saying things like:
"Your gonna take her up there."
"She does better in crowds with you." 
"I don't want her to start crying and then I have to hand her to my wife in front of everybody"
"Who's gonna hold her? You right?"

Well........  the minute the service started and they called the family to the front to dedicate Rose, Mark was up out of his seat with the biggest smile you have ever seen - Rose in tow - Dress primped and all.  He just walked right past me like "I got this".  So needless to say, when the time came, he took her down to the alter and gave her to the preacher.  She did not fuss, not one whimper, and Mark apparently lost all of his anxiety when the moment arose.  I still think its funny. 

Lunch was wonderful! The menu consisted of pork tenderloin with rolls (orange Jezebel sauce, tangy blue cheese sauce, or curry chutney mayo sauce), Armenian rice, green beans, chicken strips, pasta salad, fruit (cream cheese and poppy seed dressing), sweet potato fries with honey marshmallow dip, cookies, cake, toffee, and chocolate/strawberry cups, mint tea, and water with lemon!!! I think everyone was stuffed and Thank God for the Caterer. There is NO WAY I could have pulled that off by myself!

Our house was packed full of people celebrating Rose's Dedication.  Even though it was a smaller turnout than I had anticipated, I have no idea where the extra people would have fit.  A blessing in disguise I think! I hope that everyone had a wonderful time, as much so as we did.  I feel very blessed to have such a wonderful family (both church and blood) to help us raise our beautiful daughter to be the most Christlike Child of God.  It was truly a special day, and Mark and I will always remember the moment we gave Rose's heart to the Lord.  Thanks to all who were apart, those that attended in spirit, and those that prayed for us on that special day.  What a joy it was!









MOM !?!?!?!  ALL THE PEOPLE LEFT... CAN I PLEASE TAKE THIS DRESS OFF NOW ???!!!!


AND HE TOOK THE CHILDREN IN HIS ARMS, PUT HIS HANDS UPON THEM,
AND BLESSED THEM 

MARK 10:16

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS