Pages

CHEERS TO TWO YEARS!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

IT TAKES 2 TO MAKE A MARRIAGE WORK.... SOMETIMES 3 DRINKS IF 2 DOESNT DO THE TRICK!

HA HA HA... VERY FUNNY MARK (MY CARD THIS MORNING)!



25 THINGS THAT WE HAVE CHANGED REALIZED IN THE LAST TWO YEARS:

1.  Without water... plants die.  That includes the two big heavy ferns at the front door that I cant lift! :)
2.  I actually CAN COOK decent food.  He actually CAN WASH the dishes.  Its a give and take relationship.  ha ha
3.  Air conditioner filters need to be changed ALL THE TIME.  And because my dad is OCD about the Air Vents.. we must buy the $20 per month hypoallergenic filters and they are only sold in our size at Lowe's.

4.  I have decided we BOTH absolutely hate to unload the dishwasher.  Thank goodness for Miss Lizzie these days!
5.  I am messier than Mark is.
6.  I am not "suppose" to use the garbage can in the bathroom because it fills up quicker, and then requires him to empty more than one trash can every day.  I am getting better at this...
7.  Its the mans job to fill the car up with gas.  Its also the husbands checkbook that pays for gas.  always.
8.  Mark always has cash.  well, that is until i realize i NEED cash, then Mark has no cash.
9.  He is much more patient than I am.  This is one of his Best Qualities.
10.  I cant recall ever feeding the dog really.  That's his job. 
11.  The yard never bothers Mark.  It could be grown up like the secret garden with vines completely covering our house ... and he doesn't seem to notice. 
12.  However, in his defense....  The laundry room could be piled a mile high and I'm wearing 3 year old scrubs because mine are all dirty... and i STILL don't notice. 
13.  He now uses a minimum of three towels to shave. 1 for the floor, 1 for around the sink, and 1 to wipe his face.  This is due to the fact that NOTHING is more aggravating to me than stumbling into the bathroom first thing in the morning and leaning up against the cabinet to brush my teeth and my nightgown soaks up all the water.  It took two years, but I never get soaked at 6:30am anymore!
14.  Mark is wonderful about replacing things that he uses the last one of... ex) bathroom soap, paper towels, trash bags, detergent, etc... Love this about him! 
15.  Every time we need DRANO for the bathroom shower, Mark gets a little upset and depressed because he thinks its stopped up due to his hair loss.  Its kinda cute. 
16.  He is not a "blood and guts" kind of guy; however, being a husband and a dad has truly toughened up his stomach.  He no longer gags at the sight of vomit, the smell of poo, or the sound of the mighty "pump"
17.  We both actually enjoy a little Baby Einstein...  Its good therapy.
18.  I don't pick out good looking ties.  At least in Marks opinion, so i quit trying. The same goes for tennis shoes.
19.  Mark is wonderful about washing his hands and wearing his seat belt.  Since i married him, i wash my hands more at home, and i definitely wear my seat belt more often. 
20.  He is never going to gain weight.  He will stay the same whether i buy fat free foods or not, so whats the point?  I might as well eat somewhat healthy since he has no dog in this race. 
21.  He likes to be asked "how was your day?"  Before i met Mark, I don't think i really asked those kinds of questions like "Are you busy?"  "Are you having a good morning?" "Did anything funny happen to you today?"  "What are you doing after work?"  "is it OK if...?"  "How are you feeling?".  I can honestly say that those little questions make a world of difference in the communication of our marriage.  He has taught me that.
22.  Tird. - (N) a term of endearment meaning I love you.
23.  We both like the same side of the bed.  Every night before Rose it was the same conversation "can i please sleep on that side?" After Rose: i finally gave up.... YES.  TAKE IT.  I JUST WANT TO SLEEP.  So we have officially switched sides. 
24.  Mark is a very good teacher.  I am not a very good student.
25.  WE MAKE BEAUTIFUL CHILDREN!

CHEERS! Here's to the next two and many more after that! I LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS