Pages

ONE TIRED LITTLE ANGEL

Thursday, January 7, 2016


Rose was an Angel in the Children's Christmas Choir Program at our Church the first part of December.  I had not been to one single practice.  Not one.  Its always on Sunday night at 5 and that falls right in the middle of trying to get the twins fed, bathed, and down for the night - not to mention - its also my prime strategizing time for the week ahead.  So poor Rose just got dropped off at the back door for practice.  I literally can NOT take any credit for Rose's doing so well.  The children's director ordered the costumes and literally we did not even try ours on for size until an hour before show-time!  No joke.  I used scissors to cut the bottom off (and the sleeves) because it was way too long.  Honestly, part of me really thought the poor kid would never even make it down the aisle to the front, much less climb the alter and stand there and participate.  Needless to say, I felt quite guilty when she completely proved me wrong.  She RAN to the alter and climbed right up.  She sang her little heart out and I could not have been any prouder.  Actually, I got teary eyed a few times because it was at that moment that I realized my "baby" was a little girl now and she was totally fine without me.  I wish I had spent a little more time and actually hemmed her costume (not that anyone noticed) just because it was important to her.  The best part of the whole show was her yawning.  I swear.  I mean she was not tired (I didn't think).  I am assuming she just sang so hard it turned into a yawn???  ha ha ha.... It was a GREAT first Christmas Program and I will never forget it.  We LOVE our precious little angel!









No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS