Pages

UNDER QUARANTINE

Monday, September 9, 2013


IT WAS HORRIBLE....



Honestly, having the chicken pox at age 30 really wasn't that bad. However, being on house arrest was a very painful experience. I mean, who gets the chicken pox more than once... uh.. me.... I obviously had some immunity seeing as to how I barely ran fever, and I barely had a headache. The only symptoms I really had were a TERRIBLE rash that covered my entire body and weakness. I didn't have the energy to walk across the house much less chase Roo. I was under quarantine from last Wednesday afternoon through yesterday. I am back at work today, and I am so glad! Stay at home mom life is not for me. I love Rose more than anything in the world, but I am a better mother because I work. I think she was just as tired of being locked in that house for 5 straight days as I was. I mean there is only so many puzzles, coloring books, reading books, movies, strolls to the park, gymnastics, cheerleader poses, chasing darly, swinging on the front porch, cleaning up the house, repainting, etc... one person can do ... without absolutely losing their mind. We had to get out of that house. I was told about my 5th trip to the park that I was "not understanding the gravity of chicken pox in an adult, and I needed to go home." So much for the park - our only saving grace. I love my Fridays with Rose. We play all morning, and cook a late breakfast, and then we go... like shopping, or walmart, or Greenwood, or Jackson, or get our nails done, or go to the gym, or SOMETHING... ANYTHING... We do not stay home - so this was a learning curve for us. A curve we did not like might I add.

Cheering on the Bulldogs by our self ....
No football games for us this weekend ....
Even under quarantine she's still the cutest little cheerleader I have ever seen!


HAIL STATE!


 
By Sunday, Rose had enough of the house and she was letting me know. If I folded it, she unfolded it. If I swept it up, she dumped it out. She poured out water, and dumped dirt out of flower pots, and poured out the dog food, and threw all my glass teacup sets on the floor, and destroyed her room, and pooped on her bedroom floor, and spilt apple juice on the sofa, and dumped out a bag of cheese nips, and I mean.... never in my life.... has Rose been this way... never... and I was in no shape to chase her. I spent all day cleaning up her messes. She was fighting mad and so was I. She even stomped her foot and told Darly NO! I'm pretty sure we had our first mother/daughter fight yesterday. When I finally got her down for a nap I informed my granddad that something was going to have to give. I am healed... I am well... I have never manipulated anything so hard in my life... PLEASE LET ME OUT OF THIS HOUSE.....

I mean in my opinion, I have already exposed everyone from California to Mississippi.  I have treated the pox as an irritation to the water in SF, as the Bed Bugs, and then the chiggers....  I was 4 days into the rash before I was informed it was the chicken pox anyway... ugh....  




That park sure knows how to wear out a cheerleader... and a momma....
 Rose had the Chicken Pox Vaccination in May...  So we are all hoping with fingers crossed that she is immune...  I don't think I can handle another quarantine... and I don't think she can either.


Her daddy says MA-ROON is not her color... We are currently having a dispute on how to raise our daughter... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS