Pages

TIME FOR THE TUBES

Monday, February 3, 2014

AN UPDATE:


Rose has been sick all weekend. I have had to fight her fever to keep it down. It got as high as 102.7 Saturday night. She looks pitiful. I just knew it was her ears again, and what do ya know... mothers are usually right on target! This makes NUMBER THREE. That's the magic number when it comes to the pediatric ENT. She has to have THREE infections of the same kind in the same ear for tubes to be an option. I jumped at the sound of Tubes. Lets do this. No worries on my end. Nothing hurts a mother worse than watching her child in pain. Rose literally watched TV and laid in her Pottery Barn chair in her pajamas with a blanket and Dolly for 11 straight hours (6am - 5pm) on Sunday. No joke. She didn't want to move. Mark made her take a bath mid afternoon and she has been mad at him ever since. He thought she was "germy" and it would make her feel better. Tell it to the judge Marky Mark. Terrible idea. Oh Well.... she survived. She has eaten one chicken nugget and a piece of honey dew Mellon in the last 48 hours. So much for gaining weight. She got a shot this morning and started on antibiotics. I will keep you posted on the surgery date. I think its really easy-breezy these days. In fact, they don't even fully sedate them. I'm kinda praying Ann is the nurse anethesist on call because I know she will take good care of her. I just know this is the solution to the problem and I cant wait. Literally. I'm excited - for Rose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS