Pages

TUBES...

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

IT IS NOW SOMETHING OF THE PAST

Well, Its officially over.  When someone mentions "getting tubes" we can cheerfully say "been there, done that."  It was really not bad at all - probably the most simple surgery ever.  I was never one bit concerned with the surgery - only the anesthesia.  Ann took excellent care of my baby girl and she was in and out in no time.  (literally 10 minutes).  She was a little groggy coming out of the OR but nothing out of the norm.  According to Dr. Walker he was "moderately surprised" with the amount of infection - I took that to mean in a good way.  He seemed to think it was not as bad as he planned for.  He did look at her adenoids while she was under and said they were at "60%"....  uh....  I have no idea what that means, but he basically said in laymen's terms "If Rose has to get tubes placed a second time or has more than a few sore throats I would twist your arm to take them too." But right now she is fine.  We are going to get over this little bump in the road before I can even think about a triple surgery (tonsils, adenoids, tubes)... eeekkkk.... who wants to do that????  If I could describe Rose in one word today it would be ~pissed~.  She was not a fan of being woken up at 6am, of getting out in the cold so early, of being poked and prodded for vitals or temperature, of surgery itself, or of anybody trying to make her smile.  But it will all be for the better and I hope my baby girl is free from the "junk" and the "winter crud" that has lingered over our house since Christmas!  I'm so glad we did it, but so glad its over!  
She REFUSED to take her coat and pajamas off...  I mean absolutely REFUSED.  It was a fight. 

Warming up to the idea ...

"when is it my turn?... I have waited long enough"

Geez... Seriously mom


I put this picture on the blog to show the "HARDIN STARE".  This is the look that basically means "Eat poop and die" or "Your an idiot" or "what are you talking about" or "oh my gosh just shut up".....  It is a family trait that was flawlessly inherited in my own flesh and blood.  If you choose to piss her off then this is the look that awaits your fate.  Peace be with you.  

Going under....  (she's been practicing at home for this part and she nailed it)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS