Pages

THE MISSISSIPPI CHILDREN'S MUSEUM

Monday, March 3, 2014

... AND AN ENTIRE WEEKEND SPENT WITH JUST HER MOMMA ...


I decided that Rose's misbehavior was merely a reaction to not having any "mommy time" the last few weeks.  I was definitely correct.  I think she was still mad at me for leaving her an entire week for Honduras.  She has been fretful and unattached to me ever since I returned.  This weekend, I was all about Rose.  Friday we went to the Children's Museum in Jackson, stopping for muffins at Broadstreet Bakery first.  She had the best time playing.  It was a few too many kids for me.  I think there were about 5 schools on field trips that day. Rose thought it was kid heaven - I thought it was kid chaos. Luckily they all had on matching t-shirts so it was easy to keep Rose in eyesight in her multi-color attire. We ate lunch together at Newk's and then headed to her eye doctor appointment. 

(P.S. - that went great - in and out in less than 10 minutes.  Basically her right eye measurements have not gotten any better but have also not gotten any worse - see him again in 6 months for another measure.  The plan is still to wait until she is about 5 for corrective surgery.) 

After the doctor we went shopping at the mall and then stopped for some BOP's ice cream on the way home.  Rose gave me ZERO trouble.  Not once did she fuss, pitch a fit, cry, or act out in a bad behavior.  I think I solved the problem by giving her 3 full days of my undivided attention.  The rest of the weekend she was a complete joy to be around.  She helped me around the house, she picked up her room, said "peas" and "fank foo" (please and thank you).  In fact, last night after story time, she even said "I uv u momma".....  I think we are best buds again... and I finally got my sweet girl back :)

you'll have to settle for I-phone pictures - I forgot my camera :/













No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS