Pages

EASTER

Thursday, April 24, 2014

WITH OUR ONE AND ONLY HUNNY BUNNY 

HARD TO BELIEVE NEXT EASTER WE WILL BE A FAMILY OF FIVE
(You'll have to excuse the pictures, Mark left town for J.J.'s wedding and took the good camera...  so, not all, but a lot of  Easter pics are Iphone pics... sorry)
Cant put into words how proud I am that she is OUR daughter.  She could not be any sweeter at heart.  Lately, every time I look at her my heart just melts.  Love this beautiful baby girl so much!!!

"Its just too hot and I'm just too hungry to be wearing all this dress mom!"


"mom, i am ready to eat lunch already"




"MOM IS HAVING TWINS???  SAY WHAT???"


Egg hunting like a Champ!





Decorating her Easter Cookie


So many things running across that little mind right now....  cant get over how tightly her fist are clasp...  she was terrified.  

Poppy bought her two ducks and two geese....  every little girl needs baby chicks for Easter!!!


Which brings me to the worst childhood memory of all time....  one year, my dad bought me an entire brood of baby ducks.  I raised them from the incubator, to the heat lamp, to the small pen, and so on.  One weekend, my dad and I built the most fantastic pen you have ever seen.  Chicken-wire for days!!!  We built it down by the bayou extending out into the bayou so that the ducks could swim and play, yet still couldn't get away.  That same evening, we were all outside sitting on the patio eating supper and watching my ducks (who by now loved me and followed me everywhere).  All of the sudden, out of no where, a GIANT alligator jumped up out of the bayou on top of my perfectly placed chicken wire cage and ripped it to shreds.  He consumed ALL of my baby ducks.  He ate them.  Right then and there - with everyone watching. And just like that, he was gone.  There were hardly any feathers left....  I was totally distraught - all of my ducks were GONE.  EATEN BY THAT BEAST!!!!  I needed therapy.  My dad was totally distraught that he had been in that bayou all day in his waiters not knowing that an alligator was lurking under the muck.  Isn't that a terrible story???  Worst childhood story of all time.......

Rose Easter cake made especially for her by her Bon-Bon

Sarah Kinley's Birthday Party!

The Easter Bunny came to visit
Making her own Easter Cookies at home


Dying Easter Eggs

It was all fun until she dropped one and apparently I didnt boil them long enough....  SPLAT...
Im really not sure if she had ever seen an egg break open before - she was highly confused....

Don't judge....  it was way more fun to dye Rose than the Easter eggs...  We are just practicing on our parental skills before the twins arrive!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS