Pages

MOVING RIGHT ALONG....

Thursday, June 19, 2014

~ A SPECIAL THANKS ~
TO MY MEXICANS FROM HOUSTON, TX  

(you can frame my casita any day)


This is where they are so far.... pretty much framed up.  They are supposed to be through framing by the end of the week!  Central Heat and Air is getting placed on Monday, followed by a roof on Wednesday, followed by insulation and sheet rock.  I am getting so excited I can hardly stand it.

Now... The Challenge....
To turn THIS (above picture) into THAT (below picture)

I cant help but laugh as I look at poor Mr. Senor standing on my roof trying to re-create that curved "roof line"....  I did bring him donuts for breakfast this morning.  Bless his heart trying to please a Southern Girl who is designing her house from Pintrest and Houzz.com - I am pretty sure he has entered a whole new world in the Americas when it comes to Home Building.... from Internet Pictures.

This is a good estimate of what I am "trying" to make our house look like.  I ADORE this home...  The only difference is the bulk of our house is not wood or stucco, it is brick - mostly painted.  We will have the siding and the shake on the dormers, and of course STONE... who just doesn't go weak at the knees when you see a home in STONE.  But, Stone is Mucho Dollars.... so we don't have a ton of it....  bummer...
A view from the back yard - this is looking into our patio.  The biggest dilemma at the moment is whether or not to screen it in or glass it or leave it open.  I want it open.  Mark says the mosquitos will eat us alive and heck no.  You know, for someone who so hesitant for the longest time about building, he sure is making a lot of last minute request - adding to our budget of course.  He wants an iron fence so we can lock the kids in the backyard but not lose our view, he wants an enclosed porch, and underground electric fence for Darly, and something else... I cant remember what it was now. 

Still contemplating that roof line....


My CLOSET!!!  Ahhh....

Looking up from the bottom floor to the top - 21 feet - I LOVE IT!
Looking through our big (gonna be) glass window from the porch into the den

So far, everything has gone 100% smooth.  I have Zero Complaints from my end.  I have made a few changes here and there.  And, there have been some issues but the contractor is working with me to fix them.  Like, for example, the laundry shoot is 3 ft X 3 ft.  I mean a grown man could fit down it.  Seriously.  All it would take is the Twins ticking Rose off one good time, and I can totally see someone getting thrown down the shoot - only to be discovered like 3 hours later with 2 broken bones.  Supposedly, the shoot has to be big enough that it can be sheet rocked and finished - well I dont really want it "finished".  I mean what if a wet swimsuit gets thrown down it on Thursday and Lizzie doesnt come back until Monday and it mildews in that shoot....  and mold gets in my sheet rock.  So....  Im still contemplating what I will do with the Laundry shoot.  Another example, is we had three windows across the front in the kids room, well, we cut windows trying to cut cost to get within my budget.  In doing that, the windows were never re-centered and are completely asymmetrical.  They are going back to re-do my windows because that will drive me crazy.....  Its those kinds of things.  I could go on for days....  

I have an appointment with Pro Source in Jackson next Friday to pick out my Tile.  Everything is coming together nicely!  I  will keep everyone posted on the progress.... I really don't think we will be in the house by the time the twins come, but it will be a coin toss (or at least I keep telling myself that).  We are already about a month behind due to rain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS