Pages

THE PRINCESS BALL

Wednesday, March 2, 2016

A FATHER / DAUGHTER "DATE NIGHT"

Oh be still my heart.....  Talk about a gut-wrencher for this momma.  I let Rose curl her hair, wear make up, and she got to pick out her own dress for the extravaganza.  She looked like a teenager to me and my heart literally snapped into pieces inside my chest.  Time please stand still.  I have to say, props to our Church, the "Ball" was totally over-the-top and a complete success.  Flowers galore, amazing decorations, high school girls as waitresses dressed in prom dresses (a.k.a. - real princesses), and chicken strips with mac n' cheese for dinner.  I mean, come on....  why was I not invited???  Mark could totally tell that I was a little on the bummed side at reaching this milestone so here is a glimse into his desperate (yet total failure) of a conversation we had on our ride home:

Mark:  Don't be so sad.  They said that after Easter they are hosting a Mother/Son event so you can get to participate too.

Me:  Did you seriously just say that?

Mark:  Oh S***, Sorry.......













No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS