Pages

BITTERSWEET

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

THOSE MOMENTS WHEN YOUR BABY GRADUATES FROM ONE MILESTONE TO THE NEXT.....


As I see the BIG ONE YEAR mark quickly approaching, I also see that there will be lots of BIG changes taking place...  They may seem more like mole hills to you, but for a first time mom, to realize your baby is "outgrowing" things, makes those hills seem more like Mountains.  And as happy as I am that my sweet girl is healthy, growing, and turning into a "little girl," I cant help but realize that she is no longer "my BABY."  Yes, "baby's" don't drink Whole Milk from a Jug, they don't face forward in their car seat, they don't eat cheerios for breakfast, and they sure cant tell their momma "bye bye" when she leaves for work.  It really does seem like yesterday that I was finishing the final touches to a nursery,  preparing my bank account for 2 months of not working, and cleaning my house so that there would be no signs of dust or dog hair.  1 year later, I'm ordering birthday supplies, hooking in DVD players the opposite direction, boxing up newborn outfits and sending them to one cousin or the other, the baby bed has been lowered twice now, and I'm still trying to clean up dog hair......


Rose's new Britax Boulevard

As most of you know, Rose has always been a TERRIBLE car baby.  All of my friends say their kids get in the car and immediately pass out and sleep the entire trip.  NOT ROSIE ROO.  She hates the car.  She screams in the 5 minutes it takes to run Lizzie home in the afternoon.  The DVD player helps, but sometimes, she still puts up a pretty good fight.  So, I have been counting down the days (or the pounds) until I could turn her around.  Well, Ladies and Gents, Yesterday at Weight Watchers - Rose weighed in too! And guess what.....  She bumped up! From 19.8 to 20.2! And that means.... drum roll please....  Little Stink Pot gets to TURN AROUND IN THE CAR SEAT!!!! YAY!!!! We rode all over town last night and not one single peep was uttered from her lips! Hallelujah! The day I have waited for has finally arrived, and the fact she was so happy and not fussy... made the "Bittersweet" really a lot more "Sweet" than "Bitter" :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS