Pages

RAISING ROSES

Monday, April 22, 2013

I am going to start having to take my "real" camera everywhere with me... I feel like in every special moment all I have is the ole' IPhone!  I definitely plan to recreate yesterdays event with a Cannon!  But for now, you'll have to settle for these pics!

Rose and I took a leisurely stroll yesterday afternoon around the neighborhood.  Darly also accompanied us, and as always, she immediately ran to my grandparents back yard and jumped in the pool.  I think she has E.S.P. or something - If its hot outside, its like she knows the pool has re-opened for summer.  An afternoon stroll turned into a few hours of teaching Rose all there is to know about gardening.  My granddad would explain each little plant to her (I think he was trying to teach me indirectly?) and where it goes.  He would plant it, then give her a plant to try.  Her main goal of the afternoon was to dig up every single plant that he put in the ground, and to eat all the ones he gave her.  My grandmother could not understand why Rose didn't understand NO meant "don't dig up the flower."  Meanwhile, my grandfather, with the patience of Job, spent over an hour - mearly re-planting the flowers Rose picked - always smiling.  Darly, with her wild self, spent the entire afternoon in the pool.  It was a fun day, and Rose was worn out.  I promise to take a photo-shoot soon in their backyard.  Every flower is in full bloom.  The palms and sun plants have been brought out of the green house.  The pool has been drained, scrubbed, and refreshed.  It truly is the most gorgeous backyard you will ever see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS