Pages

JUNIOR AUXILIARY

Monday, August 5, 2013

BACK TO SCHOOL BASH


I must have been highly medicated or intoxicated when I agreed to be President of Junior Auxiliary for this year! So far we are 4 months in, and truly, its not that bad..... kinda.... Its just A LOT of planning. Thank goodness that I have lots of help and support from my little Rose!

I definitely think the Back to School Bash was a success.  This year JA partnered with the Indianola Promise Community and Delta Health Alliance to make it bigger and better.  Sonic brought hot dogs, bottled water, and lemonade.  IPC brought books and ice cream.  Delta Health did screenings for kids for hearing and vision.  And, last but not least, JA donated over 400 fully stocked back packs to all the kids for the upcoming year.  We included paper, pencils, erasers, glue sticks, crayons, rulers, notebooks, and hand sanitizer.  It was a great turn out - all of the book bags were gone in 17 minutes!!!!  Holy Moly....  thats a lot of kids!!!!  It was fun and a great community project, and I even appeared on the news (or so i have been told - I missed it)  But, it was HOT outside, and Rose was hot, and momma was hot, and all those little kids were sweaty and hot... and ugh.... miserable...



seriously mom ...  I am HOT and THIRSTY...  lets go home...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS