Pages

ROSE'S GINGER BREAD HOUSE

Thursday, December 12, 2013

(WELL, SORT OF....)

While at Wal Mart, I saw the kit to make your very own Ginger Bread House - complete with decorations and all!  I thought that might make a fun Friday art project for the Roo bug and me.  However, I think Rose knew it was for her, and that it would make a mess, and it was just killing her to get in that box.  (maybe I was a little antsy to get creative too ...?)  We only made it one day before we were ripping it open to put together whatever awaited us inside.  It was actually a lot of fun, and by the way, much harder to make than you would think.  This project was the epitome of my Type A personality verses her Type B personality.  I wanted to create the most beautiful intricate Ginger Bread House that has ever been made - Rose, on the other hand, wanted to smear icing in the windows of my house and pick all the gumdrops off my roof.  You may think I'm being silly/selfish/ - "let it go Cassey" - but the kit was FAMILY SIZE and came with four houses - she had 3 houses all to herself and I only wanted to make ONE - JUST ONE.....  To make a long story short - she ate hers, then ate mine.  Gumdrops and all.  Oh well, Better luck next year.... :( 








No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS