Pages

IT WAS TIME....

Monday, September 8, 2014

"DENTIST" MODE OVER-RULED "MOMMA" MODE

NO MORE PAPPY for ROSIE


I knew better...  deep down inside... I knew better.  This is a prime example of the whole cliche "when its your kid its different."  Pacifiers will not mess up MY KIDS teeth.  I am a dentist and so therefore it is totally OK for MY KID to take a passy.....  um... NEGATIVE.

We have successfully made it one full week with NO PACIFIER


Rose finally let me look at her teeth the other night to the extent I could fully examine her bite.  Well, the result was not as I was prepared for.  "Orthodontic" pacifiers are still NOT OK.  Just in case you are wondering.  They are better... but still not OK.  So I freaked out.  I explained to Rose that the passy was causing her teeth to buck out and she couldn't be a princess if she had buck teeth.  We then collected all of her pacifiers and put them in the garbage.  Poor kid spent an hour (literally) looking at her teeth in the mirror trying to figure out what in the world was wrong with them.  Tuesday morning the garbage truck ran and that has been our excuse ever since:  the garbage man took the pacifiers and we don't have them anymore.  She cried and begged for them for a solid week.  Yesterday was the first day she never mentioned them.  She actually went to bed last night without requesting or crying for the passy one single time.  We are making progress (slowly).  I really do feel sorry for the little squirt.  There are so many changes going on in her life that I know she feels overwhelmed - Big girl bed, no more pacifier, and we are back in full potty training mode.  Poor baby....  
It is really bittersweet for me.  It was time for the pappy to go.  It was making her breath stink and causing a rash of slobber around her lips, plus she just looked too old to have one in her mouth.  On the flip side, my little "baby" has turned into a little GIRL in the last week and momma is a little sad....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS