Pages

SCHWAN'S

Wednesday, March 11, 2015

"THE GROCERY STORE FOR THE WORKING MOTHER"


Some days I really really really wish I was a stay-at-home mom...  Then, we get a "snow day" and I am quickly reminded that I am a better mother because I work.  I think I would go crazy being locked inside with 3 little kiddos all. day. long.... every. single. day.  Just thinking about it gives me the heebe geebies.  Don't get me wrong - I LOVE MY KIDS, but I also love my job and my flexibility and my time to re-group without any kiddos (if you know what I mean).  I am sure my tune may change a little when the Sun finally decides to shine and I get the Spring - Fever!

My job has lots of perks.  I could go on and on about how lucky I am to be doing what I am doing where I am doing it.  I basically do whatever I want (and work whenever I want)...  but being a working mother also has some serious downfalls.  I do miss things.....  Like Rose's first steps.  And I am sure that with the twins I will miss a lot more of the milestones because I am away. One of the things I seriously miss out on is GROCERY SHOPPING....  I never seem to have any time to go grocery shopping.  If I go to Walmart or the grocery its a "quick trip" to grab only the major items of necessity.

 
Before we had kids I cooked almost every single night.  And I don't mean like a Red Barron pizza.... I mean like a 4 course meal!  The great thing about Mark is that boy will literally eat anything! He learned to just add a little salt or scrape the black part off and it will digest just the same!  

So... since the grocery store is not an option these days, and I have zero time to actually cook a meal, I am going to let you in on a little secret....  its called SCHWANS.  Only the best invention ever for working mothers! They arrive promptly every other Tuesday at my office to take orders.  The food is fabulous!!!  I even have a freezer at the office now (because we have no place to even store groceries in our house).  My Credit Card is on file.  I mean I just give Mr. Johnny my list and he loads up my freezer.  At the end of the day before I leave work I "select our supper" from a freezer full of fabulous items and go home to "cook"  ..  This was our delicious dinner night before last... 

Menu:
Kale and Vegetable Medley
Garlic and Herb Shrimp
Sea Scallops cooked in lemon and butter
Salad

 Oh yeah... and WINE... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS