Pages

WINTER WONDERLAND

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

SNOW DAY 2015


I must admit... I was a little like a kid in a candy shop when it came to snow day.  I text Julia Wednesday morning at like 7 and said "Surely we aren't working today" .... and its a good thing we didn't because I totally rolled over and pulled the covers over my head before she even responded and my ENTIRE house slept until 8:45!!! (even the twins).  Can I get a "PRAISE JESUS" ????  By noon it was still just rain with no snow to be seen.  I kept watching the radar and the blue had totally passed and I started to feel a little more like I was playing hookie from work than actually getting a pass (if you know what I mean).  Then it happened!!!!  The Winter Snow.  It was Beautiful.  There is just something about the Snow...  I think with the snow comes Peace.  I sat on the porch swing in my pajamas (yes it was noon) drinking coffee and watching the start of the snowfall and I couldn't help but start to sing my All Time Favorite Christmas Song.  If you have never heard "Winter Snow" by Chris Tomlin featuring Audrey Assad you are truly missing out.  It is about the Birth of Jesus and how He chose to come to Earth.

Could've come like a mighty storm
With all the strength of a hurricane
You could've come like a forest fire
With the power of Heaven in Your flame

But You came like a winter snow
Quiet and soft and slow
Falling from the sky in the night
To the earth below

You could've swept in like a tidal wave
Or an ocean to ravish our hearts
You could have come through like a roaring flood
To wipe away the things we've scarred

But You came like a winter snow, yes, You did
You were quiet, You were soft and slow
Falling from the sky in the night
To the earth below

Ooh no, Your voice wasn't in a bush burning
No, Your voice wasn't in a rushing wind
It was still, it was small, it was hidden

Oh, You came like a winter snow
Quiet and soft and slow
Falling from the sky in the night
To the earth below

Falling, oh yeah, to the earth below
You came falling from the sky in the night
To the earth below




So with Peace came a WINTER WONDERFUL DAY with my family!!!  Thank you Lord for the Snow!!!!  Maybe our world is a little cleaner this week?

The first snowfall

Running to meet Poppy to go sledding


The Money Pit needed a good Cleansing....  It needs an Exorcism as well...

We were making a mad-dash for the house...  stopped to grab a pic.  Millsie was a little awe-struck with the snow.  She didn't know if she wanted to smile or cry.


This is one puppy that LOVED the snow!!!  I think she has slept all week long just trying to recover!















Poor Mark...  could not open his eyes all day.....  I guess the glare?  I dunno...  His eyes are half closed in every single picture?










Do you want to build a snowman???







we know we know we know.... its a sad looking little snowman....




Maryn....  this chick does NOT like the cold.  She stayed bundled up in her carseat by the fire looking around like a deer in headlights..  I could seriously read this kids mind and it was saying "Dont freaking touch me with that snow"

Too exhausted to smile....

All in All... It was a fabulous day!!!  Made me want to go snow skiing....???  Whose in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS