Pages

SEVEN MONTHS AND MOBILE

Wednesday, June 10, 2015

BUSY IS AN UNDERSTATEMENT


Things are beginning to change quite a bit at our house - the twins are officially mobile!!!
In the past month, Mills has started crawling, sitting up on her own, and has pulled up by herself a hand-full of times already.  I am slightly freaking out.  Maryn has been about 4-6 weeks behind Mills in most everything, but she is slowly picking up pace.  She is rolling everywhere and can find a way to get wherever it is she wants to go.  She literally can inch-worm her way across the floor.  It is about time to start baby-proofing our house - like FOR REAL.  They get off the designated "play area" and before I know it they are eating Rose's left over lunch, or paper, or carpet lint... Its insane.  I can no longer leave anybody, anywhere, anytime.   Not even kidding. 

Let me give an example, Friday I had the girls all by myself.  Everyone was bathed, fed, and dressed for the day (except me).  I got both twins asleep for a quick morning nap and Rose was watching Paw Patrol and fully entertained.  FIVE MINUTES - that is all I needed to take a shower and throw on some gym shorts.  I locked the door so Rose would not escape again.  Half way through my shower (just about the time it started to steam) I heard screaming.  Not like the kind where you just want some attention.  I jumped out of the shower and what did i find....  Mills was now awake and in the dining room eating Rose's play-doh.  When Rose saw she grabbed the play-doh and started crying because now it was "wet."  Maryn was somehow in the fire-place (well, hung on the screen but she might as well have been in it).  Rose was covered in blue Popsicle which she was helping herself too as her movie snack.  Seriously people??????  So now, I have to clean up blue drips all over my house, stick my finger down Mills throat to get all the play-doh, scold Rose for leaving her play-doh on the floor and not putting it away (as well as leaving the freezer open), and calm down Maryn (who by this time was beyond pissed and calming that child down is a chore all in itself)..................  All for trying to take a shower......  and let me also add that I used my towel to wipe up the Popsicle so now I am standing there completely naked with three screaming kids in my dining room.... and guess what... there is a knock at my door .....  UPS.  SERIOUSLY?????




DIAPER SIZE:  2
FOODS:  Starting on crackers and puffs
SHOE SIZE:  1
CLOTHING SIZE:  6-9 months
WEIGHT: around 17 pounds
TEETH:  none

NEW TRICKS:
blowing bubbles with food and making a mess
sitting in a high chair for meals
crawling on top of each other





AND MY ALL TIME FAVORITE 7-MONTH ACCOMPLISHMENT:
THE GIRLS HAVE OFFICIALLY COOED AT EACH OTHER AND LAUGHED AT EACH OTHER AS IF THEY WERE IN CONVERSATION.  MY HEART HAS MELTED.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS