Pages

YAL LOOK....

Tuesday, February 26, 2013

"BABY ROSE IS HERE!!!!!"


This is Usually ALWAYS the Grand Welcome Rose receives whenever she enters a room, a nursery, the church, a restaurant, etc....  She even got called "Mark's Baby Rose" at a Pillow Academy Basketball Game.... I feel the nickname is sticking. 

Our Church has been having a Revival the past few nights.  Last night in the break between the music and the preaching, I got a strange feeling to go and check on Rose (which I never do in the middle of Church).  She was sitting in Lizzie's lap fussing, arching her back, and had tears running down her face.  This was unusual considering she also never cries in the church nursery.  I think that is partly because she knows the kids and then 90% because "HER" Mrs. Lizzie is also the church nursery worker.  I tried my best to console her, give her a passy, a bottle, a cheeto - nothing seemed to work.  She did not want her momma (insert tears here).  It finally dawned on me - SHE WANTS TO PLAY!!!!  Lizzie said "The kids here tonight are older and wild.  That little boy has almost stepped on her twice. We just cant let her down."  But then I also reminded myself that my sweet child has no "child interaction," and I suddenly felt extremely guilty.  We do not have her involved in a mother's morning out (because we have Liz), or a day care (because we have Liz), or a play group (because, again, Liz).  I think Rose has made some friends, and it was the first (kinda sad/kinda happy/bittersweet) moment that I realized - MY CHILD NEEDS PLAY FRIENDS!!!!!!!  So.....  I have come to the conclusion that we will now start inviting children over, or going out to eat with other kids, doing fun KID STUFF - Rose is ready, and she definitely has Fantastic Social Skills - every kid loves her - hence the excitement that
"Baby Rose is HERE!!!!!"






Needless to say, she never got stepped on.  She played so hard and had so much fun!!!!  I think the little girls pulled her up and down the halls of the church in the wagon for at least an hour! Rose was passed out - sound asleep by the time the service was over.  I just looked at Lizzie and said "Rose says its time for you to just put her down and let her go!"  She wants in the action! So happy my social butterfly has made some friends!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS