Pages

IT FINALLY HAPPENED.....

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

ROSIE GOT A BOO-BOO.....


Last night after I got home from work, Rose and I were "dancing."  Yes, Dancing is her new thing.  She is adorable at it; however her rhythm definitely is another trait that she got honest in the gene pool.  Anyway, She was banging on the coffee table with one foot on the rug and one foot on the hard wood floor.  In the middle of the beat she lost her balance and busted it......  I mean BUSTED IT....  Her bottom tooth went right through her upper lip and blood started gushing everywhere.  Rose could hardly cry because she temporarily wasn't breathing....  I threw her on the kitchen counter, and sadly to say, my first instinct was not to stop the bleeding, but to check the tooth.  The tooth was OK - not mobile (aspiration was running through my mind) - now I could focus on the gallons of blood pouring out of her mouth.  15 minutes went by and I was having very little success at getting the hemorrhage to stop.  I was doing my best to "apply pressure;"  but she was a screaming, kicking, gasping for air, 10 month old who was in pain for the first time in her life, and please forgive my medical skills but it was NOT WORKING OUT!!!!  So....  Who we gonna call??????  Ghostbusters PAPA! No answer, so I pulled the strings (which I only do in true medical emergencies) -  I had him paged at the hospital to meet me in the East Wing Immediately....  (I don't think I have done this since I was about 12 and my grandmother used to have me page him just to run him a snicker bar and a box of fried catfish with the trimmings).  Anyway, the entire hospital was in on this tragic event.  And needless to say....  of course the bleeding was stopped by then......  so was the crying (from Rose - I was a complete basket case).  My grandad was laughing.  I got the usual comment "isn't this your area of expertise... DOCTOR Hardin....???)  yeah yeah yeah, bug off! .... its totally different when its your kid! It was A LOT of blood!

Sorry I don't have any pictures from the tragedy...  I was way too overwhelmed to even think about my camera in a situation like that...  So i just have a picture of my poor pitiful baby girl after the storm had passed.... 


This morning Rose was completely fine...  Her lip was not nearly as swollen as I was expecting it to be.  She ate a popsicle for supper and was going to eat another one for breakfast.  I do believe, Ladies and Gents, We have successfully made it through our first of many "boo boos"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS