Pages

I LOVE MEXICO

Monday, May 20, 2013

VIVA LA ME'ICO

All inclusive is definitely the way to go! I am ashamed to admit how much food I ate! I loved the food - mom was not the biggest fan.  Mom's idea of the perfect meal is a portabella mushroom and a steak.  I, on the other hand, love authentic food - and I adore trying new foods!  Japanese, Italian, Brazilian - I tried everything!  I bet I consumed about 50 avocados the entire week.  They were so fresh and so delish!  Mom - not a big guacamole fan!  She didn't venture out too much more than the "red" gravy on her biscuits at breakfast (tomato gravy).  Wait.. she did try tuna one night - threw that right up at the table.... She doesn't know what she is missing out on!  Our room had its very own jacuzzi! That was really cool.  So for late night, we all piled in one room, in one jacuzzi!  All the young newly weds and their friends partied... you can tell I'm getting older - that jacuzzi was way more fun! If we got lucky room service brought chocolate covered strawberries.  We did attend two shows while we were there.  One was a musical / dancing festival - the other a talent show.  The man who can hold his body perpendicular to the ground with a woman standing on him was my favorite! Are you kidding me? How do you do that???  I'm still in amazement!  (you'll see the picture below)  We also took a morning trip to Tulum.  Learning all about the Mayan Ruins and their culture was very interesting - the beach there was beautiful!  I was really more psyched about the beach....  We were about 30 minutes farther south than El Dorado - where Mark and I spent our Honeymoon!  We passed it both ways and the entrance flooded my mind with wonderful memories!  Made me really wish he had come along for the trip!  That didn't help my homesickness for sure!  It was a perfect way to spend mother's day, except that this momma bear was missing her cub!  I'm so very glad I went, and I cant wait to do it again!  Maybe next time, MY family will come along too! 


TULUM - MAYAN RUINS





BEACH AT TULUM - MOST INCREDIBLE BEACH I HAVE EVER SEEN






SHORE LINE OF TULUM


BRAZILIAN NIGHT


BRAZILIAN DANCE SHOW


A TRUE MEXICAN SIESTA

AUNT DAPH - THE MORMON - EVERYONE THOUGHT SHE WAS OF "LATTER DAY SAINTS" BECAUSE SHE DRESSED TO REPEL THE SUN SO MUCH! 


WINDY!!!!  MY HAIR WILL NEVER BE THE SAME!!!


THE AVENTURA SPA PALACE! HEAVEN ON EARTH!

THIS IS WHAT A MAN NAMED ALEJANDRO AND A BOTTLE OF OIL WILL DO TO YOUR HAIR!

JAPANESE NIGHT - THE NIGHT MOM HATED


HUSBAND AND WIFE!



A VIEW FROM THE BEACH OF OUR RESORT


ITALIAN NIGHT - MOM ORDERED PIZZA....  CANT GO WRONG WITH PIZZA... 


WHAT THE WHAT???  ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

THIS PICTURE IS MY FAVORITE...  THIS PICTURE MAKES ME WONDER HOW PEOPLE COULD NEVER BELIEVE IN GOD.   EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS PICTURE AND THAT MORNING MAKES ME WANT TO FALL TO MY KNEES AND PRAY.  HOW BLESSED ARE WE.  HOW WONDERFUL IS HE. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS