Pages

ONE YEAR STATS

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

AND NOT A BIG FAN OF THE ONE YEAR

CHECK - UP


HEIGHT:  32 INCHES (99%)
  • I thought this seemed extremely long, so I re-measured her length myself... I only got about 30.5inches....  I looked that up on the chart and that still places her about the 85%...
  • Really, all in all, no matter who measures... she is tall and skinny
  • I pray daily she stays this way (daddy's genes not mommy's)
WEIGHT:  20 pounds even (49%)

HEAD CIRCUMFERENCE:  46 cm (75%)

SHOTS:  TERR-I-BLE
  • Five shots - two in each leg, one in the arm
  • I was determined before I went in that we were breaking up the shots and doing half now and half at 15 months; however, against my better judgement, I was persuaded to go ahead and "get it over with" and that 3 of the 6 virus they were infected my baby with were simply boosters that she has already been exposed to.  And by dividing them, we were only prolonging the "live virus" another 3 months....
  • Questioning my decision still...  and Rose was NOT HAPPY
  • Oh yeah, and a finger prick....
Note:  Rose is doing exceptionally well in all categories.  She is developmentally ahead of schedule on the curve of children her age.  The doctor did mention that her eye does not appear to be getting any better with age.  After consultation between my dad (who prepares me for this journey about once a month) and Dr. Patterson, it has been agreed that we will go ahead and refer Rose to a Pediatric Opthamolgist in Jackson.  We need to rule out some things (other hemangiomas behind the eye, muscular development), and see if this is something she will grow out of, correctable by medication, or if surgery will be required in the future.  Her eyesight is fantastic and this has nothing to do with the "eyeball" per say... but better to know whats going on now than to wait too late.  Please continue to keep us in your prayers as we dive off into this journey.  I will keep everyone updated.  Ironically, I am not the least bit concerned....  I never have been.  If she needs surgery - I'm fine with that.  If it is not correctable then I'm OK with that too.... 

and this is how Rose feels about being one year old, 5 shots, a finger prick, and another Dr visit....

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS