Pages

A NOT SO GOOD ... RIGHT OF PASSAGE

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A.K.A. WHEN YOUR BABY BROTHER GOES REBEL ON YOU

Well, Samuel did it.  He finally graduated from High School.  Now when people ask where my brother goes to school and I no longer have to reply "Indianola Academy,"  I wont get that "How old are you?" look!  The older I get, the more that look haunts me.  There is 10 1/2 years between us, and there will always be 10 1/2 years between us.  Amazingly as I get older, so does he....  I think people forget that sometimes.  May 9th was a Big Day for our family! Samuel Graduated! Rose turned ONE! and... I left with my mom for Playa Del Carmen, Mexico for a Wedding and a vacation! It was a busy day, followed by a celebration, followed by an emotional breakdown.  (partly because my "baby" brother was going to Ole Miss, and partly because I was leaving my "baby" for 5 nights - both were equally as painful).  Samuel gave Rose an Ole Miss Cheerleader outfit for her birthday.  It made my heart sting just a little bit worse.....  Oh well, as you get older you cross from one bridge to the next.  For Samuel its college.  For Rose its walking.  For Mark and myself.... its about to be the BIG 3 - 0! Ahhh.....  the rights of passage that come with age.  Some good... some not so good....


THIS PICTURE WAS BEFORE SHE LOST HER MIND, AND DADDY HAD TO TAKE HER HOME...  SHE MISSED UNCLE SAM'S SPEECH...  OH WELL, IT WAS HER BIRTHDAY! SITTING THROUGH A GRADUATION CEREMONY WAS NOT HOW SHE PLANNED TO SPEND IT!





No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS