Pages

ROSE'S FIRST VIOLIN LESSON

Monday, May 18, 2015

??? FUTURE SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY ???


Rose had her first Violin lesson the beginning of May.  I am actually extremely impressed at how attentive she is at her lessons - even the teacher is very complimentary of her learning skills.  Mark and I watched her first lesson and both of us were jaw dropped at how much she picked up on just in the first 30 minutes.  My main concern was that she was "too young" but the teacher informed me that she started lessons at age 3 and by the age of 4 she could play the violin.  Rose is taking once per week.  So far she has learned the parts to the violin, how to rosin her bow, how to hold it, and currently she is learning what "notes" each string are.  Each week the teacher leaves flashcards and poster boards with what we need to practice at night.  I will have many more posts to follow as she learns to play.  

I understand that she may not even like it (and I am totally ok with that - really)... she may prefer sports or dancing...  But the important thing that we are providing her opportunities to find something she enjoys and wants to succeed in.  Looking back, I wish I had taken photography lessons or more art classes when I was younger.  My mother put me in Piano for a few years, but I honestly hated it.  My brother took guitar lessons and I think I would have liked that more.  

So for her birthday, Rose got her very own violin.  It is the tiniest, cutest thing you have ever seen!  I am in love just watching her try to play.  The biggest problem she has at the current moment is that she is not delicate....  she wants to get after it like a banjo or something.  We are really working on being graceful.... I swear that is the hardest part for her!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS