Pages

ITS BEGINNING TO LOOK A LOT LIKE CHRISTMAS ...

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

TAKE TWO


I finally decided to try AGAIN to decorate our home for Christmas.  As a child, decorating for Christmas was a huge event that I had to wait all year long to do.  It was the most fun Saturday of December (unless of course Christmas day actually fell on Saturday).  This year, maybe its because I'm older, maybe its because I'm much busier, maybe its because of the weather, or maybe its because Christmas Part One turned into a complete disaster and ruined my spirit, I dunno, but it just doesn't "feel" like Christmas yet... I now know why every year my dad had to ask the question "Carol, do we have to get a Christmas tree this year?"
(like there was a possibility in his voice all those years ago that we may actually not get a tree... there was an option here????) 
Well dad.... I TOTALLY GET YOU THIS YEAR!

However, if you take heart to the pictures that follow, you will understand why decorating this year is so important to me.  You will also see that Christmas is no longer about My Spirit.  There is someone way more important who deserves Christmas just the way every Child should.  This Christmas may be only remembered by the paper, bows, and boxes, but our home will be lit up and "in the spirit" for this holiday season - even it I don't finish until Christmas eve at midnight! And I hope that thru the entire month of December, I remember the Reason for the Season, and don't let the "decorating blues" keep me from enjoying the most special time of the year!










The outside garland sure is looking a little puny these days... The outside lights still do not work... but those balls are HOT GLUED to that garland, and it is going to be a nightmare to get those lights off.  I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN, I THINK I CAN....  What a job this may be, but it does make our home look so pretty to be lit up.  I will do it.  Christmas eve is the goal! ha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS