Pages

WE CALLED FOR REINFORCEMENTS

Monday, December 31, 2012

THE NEW RESIDENT OF 403 EAST PERCY STREET, INDIANOLA HAS BEEN EVICTED.  WE HAD TO CALL FOR BACK-UP AND WE MEANT BUSINESS.
IT WAS EITHER HIM OR US. 


No, this is not the actual rat - this is a picture of what a Wood Rat looks like - I was doing my research to try to figure out what kind of Beast I was dealing with!

He thought this was a game.  We did not.  It started about 2 weeks ago.  We heard "something" but couldn't quite figure out the direction it was coming from.  Later that week, Mark found pellets poop, LARGE POOP, in his closet.  We cleaned out everything, from shoes to underwear.  We swept and cleaned his closet until it was spotless.  That same night while laying in the bed watching sports center, the devil himself decided to show his squirmy little face to my husband.  All Mark could say about the "incident" and informal meeting was that he was no mouse. No Sir.  We were not dealing with a "mouse."  He was grey and his tail was as long as Mark's arm.  I called Terminix, seeing as to how my "mouse traps" were not going to tackle this job.  They brought poison in a box.  Mark was concerned about Darly getting the poison.  As much as I was concerned about that too, I was just as concerned about the little rodent eating it only to die in the walls of Mark's closet and never be found.  So terminix returned.  This time they brought sticky traps.  I could hear the little turd laughing himself silly as we lined the floor of the closet with our goo.  All the little beast did was play in the mess.  He literally ATE HIMSELF free from the sticky traps.  You could LITERALLY SEE TEETH MARKS IN THE TRAP.  This is a RAT.  A GIANT RAT.  So that night, I went out to the shed.  Pulled out the best trap we have - the one we got for armadillo catching.  The trap hasn't ever caught anything but a cat - but if its big enough for a cat - its big enough for this little beast.  I bait him.  CHEESE.  I tried assortments.  Mexican Cheddar was his favorite.  Not a big fan of Pepper jack.  Still.... I couldn't catch his squirmy little a**! So... We called 'Ole SAM.  It was time for a dad to step in and take care of business.  Mark has 2 holes eaten out of his closet and his Church shoes had poo in them on Sunday.  We were ready for war.  The more often Mr. Rat came around, the more of a mess he made.  He was loud, and destructive.  2 weeks of this "temporary resident" was all I could take. 



Well.......  WE GOT HIM... or so we thought! Apparently, where this is ONE MR. RAT, there is a whole brood of them......  Our count got up to SIX! Yes I said SIX!!!!!!!  At which point I didnt care about the smell, and we reintroduced Poison, as well as fixed the holes in the closet - so they are probably all dead in the walls of Mark's Closet, but the inside of our house has been Rat-Free for 5 days now! Hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS